2017-07-02 | 73 Print PDF
Container shipping are cargo ships that carry all of their load in truck-size intermodal containers, in a technique called containerization. They are a common means of commercial intermodal freight transport and now carry most seagoing non-bulk cargo. Container shipping allows you to export or import items securely, eg your car in either a 20ft or 40ft container. It is more expensive but your vehicle would be secure in its own container you can read my post on Cost Of Clearing Imported Cars in Nigeria to get an insight on this. Also with container shipping, you can put personal items when exporting to Nigeria, Lagos.
Below are requirements and procedures you need to take into consideration when clearing containers or clearing consignments.
1. Dock receipt or Bill of lading: It is the document we will use as a final clearance, without the original of the bill of lading, custom will never release the goods
2. Form M, Son-cap, and Pre arrival assessment report (PAAR) Import permit: These are the document used to prepare the clearance of the goods and that is where the clearing agent will know how much he will pay
3. Dock receipt: is the documents the customer uses to deliver a car at the shipping company and the same information on this will also be on the same bill of ladin.This document is only meant for the car import and not goods. Goods are for PAAR while car clearance is for valuation.
4. Passport or driver license: This is to identify the consignee and to be sure the custom is not releasing to a wrong person, It is an identity to safe guard
5. Pro-forma invoice: It an invoice that state the amount of the goods bought: We have a way of helping or assisting a client to reduce cost if the amount of the goods or pro-forma invoice is too high. That will be an agreement between customer and the agent.
Customer need to send us Proforma invoice prior to arrival as to be able to do PAAR, Paar is been done in the bank and it is a preferred bank of the consignee. Kindly note that we will need to do form M as soon as the customers send the pro-forma invoice and after that all of the above documents shall be requested from the customer. We will determine the amount the customer will pay from the pre assessment arrival report.
Kindly note that the original PAAR is been done by the bank and you should not allow any agent to tell you that they can do it somewhere aside bank. The importer will give all the above document to the clearing agent and if the customer do not have all these we can assist you to get it as soon as possible as to avoid delaying.
Kindly note that if you are shipping anything food or fruit, you will need a NAFDAC APPROVAL and we can also assist you on that.Then clearing agent swift into action since the PAAR is ready and they will go and do an assessment on based on the PAAR and the clearing agent send to the customer by scanning the document to him so that he or she can be able to pay the custom duty by herself.
All the customer need to do is to scan back the payment receipt and the clearing agent will then go for examination booking. The good news is that we have a very great and good relationship with the custom.
Kindly note that the customer will have to be open with the clearing agent if there is anything you do not declare in the bill of lading that is contraband, like furniture and fitting or anything that is not worth of loading at the point of loading. so that the clearing agent can be aware and know as to avoid having unnecessary issue or spending than what we have envisage.
The clearing agent lias with the custom for releasing and gate and the clearing agent pass the container out with the help of the transporter, the clearing agent will then tell transporter (freight forwarder, freight forwarding agent or freight forwarding company) where they are going for delivery and the good news is that we can deliver anywhere in the part of Nigeria.
We have got all major Sea port and Air port covered for a safe delivery and landing of your cargos, goods, containers or consignments, e are more than capable to assist you reduce overhead cost and assist you in your prompt delivery and logistics handling of your imports or exports.
Delar freight and logistics company can clear your shipment through the following airport and seaport in Nigeria.
List of AIRPORTS in Nigeria.
Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Abuja
Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport Kano
Murtala Muhammed International Airport Lagos
Port-Harcourt International Airport Port-Harcourt
List of SEAPORTS in Nigeria.
Apapa Port Complex
Tin Can Island Port
Port- Harcourt Port
Federal Lighter Terminal
Federal Ocean Terminal